Monday, November 7, 2011

Pom-Pom Garland


Can you tell I am a little obsessed with pom-poms lately?  I love these so much because it easy way to add  a little color and texture to any project.  Today I decided it was my mantel that needed a little more pop of Fall color. 
I made the same pom-poms from this tutorial.  I then strung each one 8 inches apart. on my 6 strands of yarn.  I measured my mirror and then added 40 inches so it would drape nicely.  That was it.  This was another project I finished during family movie night.  I like keeping my hands busy.  So, I am always thinking of short, easy projects I can do during the span of a movie.



I really like how it adds the subtle burst of color.
If you have any extra yarn hanging around you can put it to use and make one of these easy garlands.
-Julia

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite days of the week is Monday just so I can check your blog and see what the two of you are up to. I love the garland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I have been wanting to learn how to embroider for a while! Since we never have time when I visit I am so happy to see instructions on here. Could I see another shot from the backside of your threads. I am really at visualizing it. Thanks for the post sis!

    ReplyDelete