Thursday, February 16, 2012

Citrus Detox Smoothie


After my surgery I was feeling really sluggish.  After a week and half of recovery I was feeling extra sluggish and foggy.  This smoothy will give you a kick and help your body feel like a well oiled machine.

Citrus Detox Smoothie:

1 grapefruit
2 oranges
2 cuties
1 inch chunk of fresh ginger root
1 cup of Almond milk
1-2 cups of cold water **depending on how watery you like it**
(I like mine with a little more pulp)

Throw it all in your blender and blend until smooth.  This smoothie is so delish!  I have been having this for breakfast all week.  I feel detoxified and more energetic.  Enjoy!
 
 
-Julia

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I made this today and it's very tasty! I like less pulp so I strained mine down to a thick juice, but it was perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete