Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving all!  We hope you are having a wonderful day with your family and friends.  Amy and I both love desserts. We would much rather skip the meal and head straight to the pies and cakes.  So, today we wanted to share with you what we made for the post feast treats.


 
 First off I made Amy's apple cake  but, in a bundt.  Have you made this cake yet?  It is amazing!  The smell that floats through your house while you bake it is mouthwatering.  
I drizzled a caramel sauce over the top because well you know-it's Thanksgiving.  The gooeier the better right?  Here is my caramel glaze recipe.

Simple Caramel Sauce glaze:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2tsp of cream

*Bring all of the ingredients to a slow boil on medium heat stirring constantly.   Once it is boiling remove from heat and drizzle over cake. 


I also made a pumpkin spice trifle.  I used a this pumpkin cake recipe except instead of cupcakes I made two 9 inch cakes and adjusted the bake time to 35 minutes.  The cake mixed with these yummy layers is a definite crowd pleaser.  I have made a few times and people love it.  I think might be one of my favorite desserts.
For  the layers I made:

Layer 1:
1-29oz can of pumpkin puree
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 small pkg of cook and serve butterscotch pudding  (made per instructions)
*After the pudding set and cool combine with the other ingredients and set aside.
Layer 2:
4 oz cream cheese softened
1 small pkg cheese cake pudding (made per instructions)
*After pudding is prepared mix with cream cheese until smooth

**Bottom of trifle is cake, next layer is pumpkin, next pudding, then cake, pumpkin, then to finish it off top with whip cream or whip topping--which ever you prefer.**



This is what Amy had cooking up at her house.  I can smell them from here!

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Amy & Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment