Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Arm/Leg Warmers


Okay, so yesterday I showed you how to attach socks to an existing t-shirt.  Today I am going to show you how simple it is to make socks into arm warmers.  Arm warmers are great for your older kids.  They  can pick and choose which warmer they want to wear with their favorite shirt.

 They are so easy to make and I am pretty addicted to making them.  This is only half of what I have made so far.  I have also found that you can make these out of cotton tights.  My girls have so many tights with holes in the crotch or toe.  So, instead of letting them going to waste you can use them for these little cuties!

Here is what you do:

1.  Follow the first step I showed you yesterday --cutting your sock--.  If you are using tights you will be making 2 cuts.  One cut like yesterday (at the ankle) and another cut at the knee or mid-thigh depending on how long you want your arm/leg warmer.





2.  Press over the raw edge 1/2" for hemming.  If you are using tights you will press both sides for hemming (you will have 2 raw edges).



 3.  Sew the hem. I tried a couple of different stitches.  I sewed a few with a straight stitch and then a few with a zig-zag stitch.  I would recommend sewing with a zig-zag stitch for more "give" with the stretch fabric.


 That's it you're done!  Have your kiddos grab a couple and they are ready to go!  I shot these right before school today.  My 5 year told me she felt like a rock star.

Perfect for chubby little thighs too. 

 See how easy?  You too will have a house full of happy customers!

-Julia




No comments:

Post a Comment