Monday, January 30, 2012

Twisty "Lollipop" Flower

 I have made many many many headbands.  This is one of my girls favorites.  They call them lollipop flowers. They add such a fun pop of color to any outfit.  I thought I would show you how to make them today.

 Supplies:  Strip of fabric-mine was 1/2 an inch, felt, glue, and scissors.

   

First you want to make a knot at the end of your strip of fabric.  You can make it as thick or thin as you want.  The thicker the strip of fabric the fuller your flower will look.  Next hot glue the know to the center of your felt circle.  Next you will want to twist your fabric like shown above.  Twist around the center knot adding a drop of glue to secure the fabric.


 Continue twisting and winding the strip of fabric until you reach the desired size for your your flower.  Make sure the end is glued securely to the felt.  Then trim off any excess felt so that there isn't any felt exposed.
Then hot glue it to a headband, clip, elastic like demonstrated on Amy's previous post.  You could even use these on a broach or pin. 
Aren't these cute?

I made this one out of tulle to match my daughter's Sunday dress.  I would recommend experimenting with different textures and types of fabric.   You might be surprised how beautiful they turn out.

 -Julia



No comments:

Post a Comment