Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Braided Infinity Scarf

You see the infinity or a version of it everywhere.  I knew I had to try it for myself.  So I found a tutorial Here. Isn't she darling?


 
I put my own spin on it and used a t-shirt instead of fabric.
It makes for a fun accessory. You can get the basic design down and really do whatever you want with it.  I like how you make each one a little different from the next. 

So I am not a fan of self portraits.  I am not very good at it either.  You should see the outakes-okay maybe I will save myself the embarrassment.  So here are a couple of pictures of how I like to wear it.  I like it to be snug around my neck.  You could definitely let it hang without wrapping it.

 I have a bag of these wood beads and thought it would be fun to add one.  What do you think?


Would you like to make your own?  Here are some photos of the alterations I made to my scarf that differ from Nette.

 I used a 2 shirts I found a while back at Walmart for $2.00.


First I cut the hem off the bottom.
With one of the t-shirts I cut several 1" strips that I ended up braiding together.  After cutting you pull and stretch each strip as long as you can. Use as many strips to obtain the thickness of braid that you want.  I also used these strips to strand the wooden bead.


 Then I made a cut under the armpit of the shirt.  This will be the infinity scarf.  Cut off one of the seams and then stretch this piece out as much as you can.

After stretching you will want to follow the rest of the instructions on Nette for the infinity scarf.

 
 All done.  It took me about an hour start to finish.  I love projects like that don't you?

 -Julia

2 comments: