Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Pillows

I found a little time this weekend between painting my oldest daughter's bedroom to make these pillows.

Pillows:

I saw these fun bat pillows over at one of my favorite craft blogs MADEWhen I saw them I knew  I had to make them.  You see I have an obsession with pillows.  I also love what Dana over at MADE did with the bats in her house.  Such a cool idea.  I might have to do that too...


 Okay, so back to the pillows I love the bat ones she did and it also gave me some ideas to mix it up a bit.  I love how she used all of the bright colors so I knew I wanted to stick with that.  

Here is the first one I made.  I used this bat template from Family Fun.   I spaced them all equally and pinned them in place.  I then stitched each bat down the middle.  I wanted the bats to look floppy. 
 This pillow took a little more time but, I love how it turned out.   Instead of having my raw edges on the inside like the tutorial from MADE.  I used my pinking sheers and trimmed the up on the outside.  I thought it made it a little more fun.


 For the ghost pillow I found my template again at Family Fun.  This pillow was also super easy to construct.


 On this pillow I used the same bat template that Dana used from Country Living.  This pillow was super easy to do.


 On all of my pillows I cut the back in half so I could insert my old pillows instead of using stuffing.  I like to make more of a pillow cover instead of making a ton of different pillows.  It makes it nice especially if you are like me and love to change your pillows covers out with every season.


To do this all you need to do is add an extra 2 inches to the back piece so that it will over-lap in the back.  My picture shows it open so you can see the pillow.  With the added length in the back it actually stays closed.



-Julia

1 comment: